|Working as Race Director/Owner at Destination Trail. Photo by Ross Comer.|
I'm here to answer the tough trail running questions like "What makes ultra runners so crazy?" Or "Why not run 200 miles in the mountains tomorrow?" Or "How can I challenge and inspire athletes next as a race director?" And "How can I stay upside down longer during power vinyasa class?" When I'm not running, writing or causing trouble, I work as a race director organizing and executing a trail race marathon/half marathon series in Washington State as well as the first single loop 200 mile trail race in the USA, the Tahoe 200, and the Bigfoot 200 mile/ 100k races, point-to-point trail races in the Cascade Mountains. I just created a 234 mile race that will debut in October, the Moab 200 Endurance Run. I own Destination Trail, LLC, a company that organizes some of the most scenic, challenging and, well, LONG trail races in the USA. I'm also a student of power vinyasa yoga. I like to see the world upside down and I hope my blog helps you see it that way too.
I run for Ultimate Direction and Altra.
Welcome! I love hearing from you. Please feel free to send me feedback at email@example.com or comment on my posts. You can also reach me about work related questions at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- 2017: Created the Moab 200, which will debut this October 13-17. See Moab200.com
- HURT 100, 2nd place female, 2016
- Ultra Fiord 108mi/173K, 1st place (5th overall) in 37:12, April 16-18, 2015 Patagonia, Chile
- 2015 Created & executed the first point-to-point 200 miler in the USA, the Bigfoot 200 Endurance Run
- 2014 Created and executed the first NRP (non-repetitive) 200 mile ultra in the USA, the Tahoe 200 Endurance Run, a single loop 200 mile solo footrace.
- Zion 100, 1st place (9th overall) in 23:04, April 4-5, 2014
- HURT 100, 2nd place, 27:58, 2014
- HURT 100, 3rd place, 28:35. 8th fastest women's time ever, 2013
- Women's FKT for the 93 mile Wonderland Trail around Mt. Rainier. Unsupported and solo, 2012
- 2nd place (7th overall) for the Tahoe Rim Trail 100 mile endurance run, 2012 Finishing time: 22:50:47
- 1st female, new course record Lost Lake 50k, 2012
- Created the Bellingham Trail Running Series, 2011
- FKT (fastest known time) for 48 mile Trans-Zion Crossing, unsupported record (Women), 2011
- 2nd place in the Washington Ultra Series, 2011
- 1st place Washington Ultra Series, 2010
- 1st female (3rd overall) in the 50 mile Rainier to Ruston Ultra, 2011