New Races for 2017, pending permits:
Arizona 250 mile - June 2017
Stephen Jones' Moab 200 - July 2017
In addition, we will include in the new Grand Slam, our current races:
Bigfoot 200 - August
Tahoe 200 - September
So what makes the new 200s so different?
- Whereas my current 200s have major aid stations every 6 - 22 miles, these 200s will only have drop bag locations every 10 - 30 miles, water only aid stations as needed and major aid every 50 - 60 miles.
- You will be required to navigate without course markings. We will give every participant a map of the course and you will have access to GPS data (GPS devices will be allowed).
- We will not have medical or major communications teams. We will track runners for safety purposes only.
- Fewer participants will be allowed (around 60-100 total per 200)
Those are the differences, but they are very major. Those differences will allow us to organize the two new 200s with a minimum of work. Permits, websites, planning, employee costs will still be high for us, but with just 4-5 major aid stations we will be able to offer the races at a fraction of the cost.
So what exactly will you get for these 200s?
- You will get a 200+ mile stunning course that is mapped out and planned for you. It's like getting the cliff notes to a bad ass book, doesn't hurt to have the notes, but you're gonna wanna read that mother fucker.
- You'll still get some babysitting in terms of having your gear dropped (and picked up) at 10+ locations as well as some sweet aid at 4-5 locations including hot food, warm tents, beer, and shit too.
- You'll be running with a group of BAMFs. That should be good for stories around the campfire.
- Enhance or Worsen your current relationship with your partner/crew/friends/lover
- We'll have the usual Destination Trail post race party awesomeness including awards, buckles, fires, beer, food, and friends with guest appearances by a live band and a real finish line arch!
- Maybe, just maybe you might be able to complete the Grand Slam of 200s.
Ok, I might be interested. So how do I get in?
- You must have finished Barkley at least 2x.
- You've beaten the Hardrock lottery and gotten into the race more than 3 times but either DNF'd or DNS'd each time you've gotten into this insanely hard-to-get-into-lottery. That may only qualify 2 male individuals in the world. Guess who they are and win automatic (not free) entry!
- You are required to have a crew of 10 plus license plates from 49 of the 50 states in the USA.
- The race director shall be provided with at least 3 coins of pirate origin
- Write a 20 page essay about what's wrong with our current political system
- Did I say you need to send 49 license plates? Make sure at least 1 out of 3 are vanity plates. Points for funny shit.
- That's it!
But seriously, these races are not a joke, only the the so-called entry requirements are. Most likely we will abandon all elitist entry requirements and instead allow any poor soul to fork over a few buckeroos and run the damn thing.
Stay tuned crazy ones. We got some good stuff brewing over yonder.